Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Gnomon class

So I just got back from the first session of my Digital Sculpting class at the Gnomon School. It was... an adventure.

First off, parking in Hollywood is a nightmare. I circled maybe 5 times before I finally found somewhere to park. By the time that was finally finished, I had 2 minutes to get to class. So I went into the office to find out where my class was: Lab 5. Cool. Where is that?

Long story short, I got lost. The Gnomon campus looks like a First-Person Shooter level -- lots of pipes, concrete walls, and metal grate staircases and walkways. For some reason "Lab 5" turned into "Lab 3" in my head, so I ended up in the wrong class.

After exiting in the middle of the class intro, apologizing to the teacher for my mistake, and being snickered at by the students, I was on the brink of tears. Not because of being laughed at, but moreso because getting lost makes me extremely frustrated. EXTREMELY. Anyway, I got to the right class and everything turned out okay.

Anyway, the class seems like it'll be REALLY informative. I'm pretty excited. And it's interesting that our final project is to create a fully-sculpted dragon model -- it's perfect for me!

Anyway, just figured I'd write down my epic failures today. Hopefully I learn the layout of the campus better.

No comments:

Post a Comment