Monday, February 16, 2009

Hardware failure! D:

So recently I have been having issues with my beloved MacBook Pro performing crawlingly slow, so I figured reformatting was in order. Sadly, it appears instead to be caused from a dying hard drive. :( I really suspect it might've been Boot Camp that did it in.

I've ordered a replacement, and I'll have it installed and reformatted next week. It will be great to be able to work again!

In the meantime, here are some things I've been working on lately for my portfolio. All of these are low-poly models. (I'll have specifics at a later time.)

Here was a model I was intending on having in a game, but it didn't end up working out. Instead, I've fixed up the polys and added a tongue for extra posing capabilities! :) As of yet he is untextured.


Another model for the same game is the chameleon's food-of-choice: a cricket. He'll be posed with the cricket for my portfolio.


Lastly, here's a model I have been designing and making for a production course at school. I wanted to create a stylized werewolf. I'm kind of a classical monster nut. :) As an aside, here's my research and exploration.


I think he's rather charming myself!

So far I have the low-poly version completed. I wanted to make a high res version as well with an environment, and have both models in my portfolio as a comparison.

The low poly will incorporate Alpha channels so I can get the emulate the shapes in the 2D artwork. Here's the untextured model:


Aside from school, I have been suffering from slight anxiety. With graduation fast approaching and many responsibilities to be aware of, it's proven to be a bit overwhelming. With so many things up in the air right now, I'm sure things will be more settled in a week or two... I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment