Thursday, February 19, 2009

Werewolf model

Today I did some more tweaks on my werewolf, and now I can call him officially "done". I collapsed his symmetry and consolidated some edge loops to make him even lower poly. :D He's down to 527 Tris.



Seeing how little time I actually have left, I'm no longer planning on doing a high-res version of him... instead, I'm going to create a small low-poly environment for him to exist in. I'll begin doing some sketches for that soon.

For his unwrap and texture, I'm going to be using Alpha channels to give him extra fur texture and emulate the 2D artwork. Below is an image showing the parts of the mesh that are planes that will have transparency:



Fascinating. :D

Anyway, I also did some color thumbs, which I actually can't properly choose from until I know for sure what his environment will be like. I'm fairly partial to the grays.

2 comments:

  1. I'd probably go with one of the color schemes that best show his features. I'm suddenly thinking back to when Shigeru Miyamoto designed Mario, but he really let the hardware design the character - and look where that got him! In any case, depending on what the background is, something that lets the werewolf stand out would be best. So, no black wolf in a black forest, for instance, but I'm sure you knew that. ;)

    He looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, your account is a royal pain to even post comments to! I don't know why I'm going through the process again, but it took me well over five tries to get that stupid 'human verification' to work. :P

    ReplyDelete