Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mudbox Project

Every entry I show something different! D: I hope I can get some of these done soon!

Here is yet another model for my portfolio. He's a creature I designed awhile ago and I love his large claws. :) Here's a drawing of him. I started this model this time last year and forgot about him for awhile... I decided he would be a prime candidate for Mudbox.

Also, a friend of mine offered to rig him, so soon I'm going to hand him off to her now that he's unwrapped. I'm excited that it's going so smoothly so far!

Here are some simple renders of him currently. I had to adjust his edgeloops so now he's a little under 10,000 polys! Once he's put through Mudbox he'll surely be about one million...



I'm quite excited to see how this turns out! Mudbox is deceptively easy to use, so that helped out my confidence in the matter...

Hopefully, soon enough, I can stop spending 10-hour days at school, but we have 17 days until Career Day and 31 until GDC...

Sadly, these longs days won't be ending any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. Your 3D stuff is great! Welcome to the blogging world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynda! I didn't realize you had set up a blog until I saw your comment on Kristine's most recent post. It's neat to see all of the art you are creating and playing with. ;) I can't believe you're graduating!!

    By the way, Niklas and I won't be able to make it to your graduation. Sorry. {:( But I'm really hoping to come up during Memorial Day weekend, which will be a couple weeks after and also our 1st year wedding anniversary weekend. Crazy.

    Take care of yourself---glad you're on the blogspot!

    Love,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete